Information Services connects the community with quality, relevant, and accessible resources to fulfill informational, educational, cultural, technical, and recreational needs.
We are proud to offer a variety of information services in person at Ask Me desks, by telephone, and by Ask Us email.
We provide immediate answers to questions using physical and digital resources readily available in the library. We assist members in locating additional information and also provide informal instruction on the use of library resources and search tools
Book a Librarian 1-on-1 Help with Library Resources
Need help learning to use the Library’s eBooks, catalogue and other electronic resources? At the Brighouse (Main) Branch, we can help with the following Library resources:
- OverDrive eBooks & eAudio
- BiblioCommons Library Catalogue
- Hoopla Movies & more
- PressReader Current newspapers
- InterLibrary Loan - Find out how you can search for books in other BC libraries, and submit your own requests
» Book 1-on-1 Help Now (Brighouse Main Branch)
Library tours are tailored to suit the needs and interests of each group. We can cover topics such as newcomers’ resources, library catalogue and online resources, ESL collection, senior services and tour of specific library areas.
InterLibrary Loan Service (ILL)
InterLibrary Loans (ILL) are the way library materials are made available from one library system to another. If a book you are looking for is not owned by the Richmond Public Library, we will try to get a copy sent from another library system. Request for the book in one of the three ways:
- Submit an InterLibrary Loan (ILL) request in Outlook Online by following a few simple steps.
- Ask a staff member to submit an ILL request on your behalf
- Email us for help now